National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) informs that the Public opinion poll concerning the data user’s satisfaction with available statistical data for the National Bureau of Statistics was placed on the website. The survey was conducted by National Association for Rural development "OIKOS" in the framework of the project on Strengthening the National Statistical System (a joint initiative of the UNDP, UNIFEM, UNFPA, Unicef).
The objectives of the survey and the analysis based on it was as follows:
- to find out key data users’ opinion regarding quality of the statistical information produced and disseminated by NBS and the soundness of the statistical methodologies and determine whether this information fits the needs of the data users;
- to carry out an analysis of the statistical data user evaluations, concerning selected statistical domains, describing the presently perceived strengths of the NBS and producing a set of recommendations for necessary improvements;
- to assess users’ awareness levels, understanding and general attitude towards NBS, its image and reputation;
to assess the efficiency of the dissemination channels of statistical data dissemination;
- to assess public opinion on changes in the quality of the services provided by NBS and the effectiveness of NBS efforts for providing statistical information to different user categories and to the public;
- to help in establishing a methodology and a set of indicators for future regular public opinion research on NBS activities and services.
Simultaneously, we would like to mention that, the User survey can be found in the new created subcolumn Assessments and opinions about NBS (column About NBS). On this page also can be found the activity reports, user surveys and interviews in press.