Date of birth: October 4, 1965;
Place of birth: Dubasarii-Vechi village, Criuleni district;
Marital status: married, two children.
2008-2013 – Academy of Economic Studies of Moldova, PhD in economics;
1982-1987 – Agricultural Institute from Chisinau, Specialty - Economics and organization of agriculture. Qualification - Economist organizer of agricultural production.
- September 2020 – General Director of the National Bureau of Statistics;
- 2015-2020 – Statistician in the Statistical Division within the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations;
- 2013-2015 – Scientific researcher-coordinator of the Analysis and Forecasting Section, National Institute of Economic Research;
- 2010-2013 – Deputy General Director of the National Bureau of Statistics;
- 2001-2010 – Deputy General Director of the Department of Statistics and Sociology, the present National Bureau of Statistics;
- 1997-2001 – Deputy General Director of the Department of Statistics of the Republic of Moldova, Head of the General Directorate for Agriculture and Forestry Statistics;
- 1995-1997 – Deputy Head of the Division; Head of the General Division for Agricultural Statistics, Department of Statistics of the Republic of Moldova;
- 1990-1995 – Economist at the State Agriculture Enterprise „Sîngera”.
- Diploma of the Government of the Republic of Moldova, 1st degree.
- Cara O., 2011 General Agricultural Census of the Republic of Moldova - an important source of information, comparable at European level. Journal of Economics and Sociology, Chisinau: IEFS, no.3, 2012;
- Cara O., Implementation of the Code of Good Practice of European Statistics in the Republic of Moldova. Romanian Journal of Statistics, Bucharest, 2010, no. 10;
- Cara O., Feedback to the challenges of official statistics in the “knowledge society” Moldovan experience and problems: Statistical issues. Moscow, 2012, No. 5 etc.
Romanian - native;
Russian - fluently;
English - fluently;
French - fluently.
Member of International Statistical Institute (ISI)