NBS signed an Agreement on Statistical Cooperation with
National Statistical Institute of the Republic of Bulgaria
National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) signed today, January 29, an Agreement on Statistical Cooperation with National Statistical Institute of the Republic of Bulgaria. The Agreement on Statistical Cooperation is part of the Association Agreement (Title IV, Chapter 6 Statistics) between the Republic of Moldova and the European Union, signed in Brussels on 27.06.2014.
Mr. Sergey Tsvetarski, President of the National Statistical Institute signed the Agreement on behalf of Bulgaria and Mr. Vitalie Valcov, Director General of the National Bureau of Statistics signed the Agreement on behalf of Moldova.
On the Bulgarian side, the signing was attended by Mr. Clement Pramov, Counsellor (Political Affairs), Deputy Head of Mission and Mr. Bronislav Denev, Counsellor, Head of the Commercial Office of the Embassy, and on the Moldovan side – Mr. Iurie Mocanu, Deputy Director General of the National Bureau of Statistics and Mrs. Elena Maleru, Senior Adviser, “Statistical Coordination and International Cooperation” Division.
The signing of the agreement aims to strengthen collaboration in the following areas of interest:
- assistance in the process of reforming of the Statistical System of the Republic of Moldova;
- promoting the development of the Moldovan and the Bulgarian statistical system in accordance with the principles of EU legislation in the field of statistics;
- promoting the development of the Integrated Management System of Metadata;
- organizing the consultations, joint seminars and conferences in order to study the new trends and the advanced experience on the activity of official statistical bodies;
- implementation and application of international standards and methods, especially of the European Union.
The General Director of the NBS, Vitalie Valcov mentioned that the signing of the agreement is a good start for future mutually beneficial collaboration and thanked for the support given. In his turn, the president of the National Statistical Institute of the Republic of Bulgaria, Mr. Sergey Tsvetarski added that collaboration with the statistical offices of the European Neighbourhood Policy-East countries is one of the Institute's priorities and that this is in fact a continuation of the good collaboration already existing with the NBS.
We mention that, the National Statistical Institute of the Republic of Bulgaria has already assisted the Bureau by organizing statistical training courses for young statisticians.
Also among the countries with which the NBS closely cooperates are the National Statistics Institute of Romania in all fields of official statistics, the State Statistics Committee of the Republic of Azerbaijan, the Polish Statistical Office, the State Statistical Service of Ukraine and the State Agency for Statistics nearby the Government of Tajikistan.